Duties & responsibilities:
- Work on projects for the full MAX FRANK product portfolio (currently Pecafil, Pecavoid, Shearail, Egcobox, Egcodorn and Stremaform).
- Produce designs for structural products, such as Shearail, Egcobox and Egcodorn, using in-house design software or industry acknowledged tools.
- Ensure compliance to design standards (mainly but not exclusively BS 8110 & EC2), office standards and agreed ways of working.
- Product and quantity take-offs from GA drawings, RC drawings and further information provided by customers.
- Create layout and other appropriate drawings using AutoCad, SketchUp, Tekla or other such tools.
- Provide production information (drawings, bending schedules etc.)
- Support other departments with technical input on tasks, such as testing and brochure development etc.
- Liaise actively with other departments and customers to ensure flow of information, customer service and best commercial outcome.
- Prioritise own work in accordance with department strategy and commercial benefit for the business.
- Attend design and site inspection meetings as and when required.
- Produce clear and concise technical and non-technical reports, if required, to address issues with particular projects.
- Active usage of the CRM system to ensure complete information for the organisation around projects and customers, especially for specification tracking.
- Ensure technical work is produced to a high standard in both quality and quantity of output and, if required, by Line Manager to assess colleague’s work.
- Broaden product knowledge of the MAX FRANK portfolio to allow more flexibility in the department, which can be achieved with self-study, in-house and external training.
- Assist with the training/mentoring of staff to allow them to gain further product knowledge.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum qualification requirement of HNC in construction/civil engineering, or relevant industry experience within construction.
- The ability to establish good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Good communication skills when consulting and advising engineers and contractors on technical solutions.
- Experience in design and detailing reinforced concrete would be advantageous.
- A positive and flexible 'can do' attitude and a keen eye for accuracy and detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work to challenging deadlines with support, as well as under their own initiative.
- Ability to work in a busy and sometimes pressured environment, as part of a team, to ensure completion of tasks on-time and on-budget.
Further product, system and software training will be provided.
Are you interested?
Please forward your CV, with an introductory letter, to Sara Miles, Finance & Administration Manager, Max Frank Ltd., Clough Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 4AF.